Monday, June 26, 2017

New Neighbors Reading


Here's a quad of cards I pulled just now about what the situation with our neighbors-to-be might look like. We live next to a rental house, and in the 2.5 years that we've lived here (not very long), this is the second set of renters--and they are just now moving out after only having lived there 6 months. We didn't really know them--only waved to them occasionally, but I admit I am always nervous whenever new neighbors move in. I particularly liked the first set of renters who lived there when we first moved in--three low key, smart and thoughtful women. I missed them when they left! In any case, here is the basic run-down of the cards and/or my thoughts on them:

King of Pentacles: This methodical or earthy man makes me think this is describing the personality of one of the tenants that's moving in. I can't really imagine what else it could mean. But I'll think on it!
9 of Pentacles: Traditionally, the 9 of Pentacles is a woman with her own business--or a financially savvy woman. This is what I see in the 9 of Pentacles. Someone earthy and capable. But in this deck it is a bit different than the usual. In any case, this card does mention charity and generosity. They seem like fairly decent qualities to have in a neighbor.
4 of Swords: Speaking strictly 'from the book' the 4 of Swords often means respite and peace, but in this deck it has a much more rigid meaning--it's more about structure and routine. Just looking at the image here you can see this quality coming through. It almost has a 'military' feel to it.
2 of Swords: Interesting image, right? This card is about duality and polar opposites. Maybe it highlights differences--either between the tenants themselves or between us and them. But either way, differences can live in harmony, or that's hopefully the idea.

Haha, it's funny because looking at the images of the cards I almost get the sense that it's three guys and a girl, but that's fairly literal. I wouldn't necessarily say that's the case, but I won't rule it out. I actually have no idea who is moving in. I haven't seen them and I have no idea what to expect.

I'll do my best to update you guys on this situation.

Love,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment